The NIH CounterACT Program offers contract facilities that are intended to assist applicants with non-efficacy data that address specific product development gaps. All information provided will be treated as confidential. If approved, the studies are performed at no cost to the Investigator and the Investigator retains Intellectual Property and primary rights to developed data. A purpose of these programs is to generate data in support of research applications to the CounterACT peer-reviewed grant program. See below for more detailed information on each program as well as application materials.
- Product Development Support Services - Preclinical Development Resources(pdf, 281 KB)
To facilitate initial characterization and/or early optimization of candidate MCM(s).
- Product Development Support Services - Preclinical Efficacy Evaluation Resources(pdf, 274 KB)
- Pilot studies for the development and/or refinement of models of chemical intoxication.
- Exploratory proof-of-principle efficacy evaluation in established animal models.
- PDSS - PEER Contract support is available for the following chemical intoxications:
- Soman neurotoxicity(pdf, 251 KB).
- Sulfur mustard pulmonary toxicity(pdf, 242 KB).
- Sulfur mustard ocular toxicity(pdf, 263 KB).
- Sulfur mustard hematological(pdf, 266 KB).