NINDS website includes links to external sites, mostly from other government entities. The institute’s website also links to non-government sites that meet the following NINDS’s guidelines.
Disclaimer of endorsement
NINDS neither endorses nor guarantees in any way the external organizations included in these website links. Furthermore, NINDS neither controls nor guarantees the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of the information contained in non-government website links. If you select a link to an outside website, you are leaving the NINDS website and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the external website.
Links to government websites
NINDS links to government-owned or government-sponsored websites that include .gov, .mil, and .fed.us domains.
Links may also include:
- Government-sponsored websites or public sector/private sector partnerships that end in .com, .org, or .net
- State and local government sites
Links to non-government websites
NINDS website links to non-government websites that are relevant and/or supplement the website’s content. The inclusion of these links is at NINDS’s discretion and as a public service only. NINDS evaluates all links to external websites and links to non-government sites when it meets the following criteria:
- The site has accurate, medically reviewed, science-based information for people with lived experience and members of the public available for free. The content is relevant to the NINDS research portfolio.
- The information on the site is up-to-date.
- The site has an email, phone number, or contact form so that members of the public can reach the organization.
- The site is managed by a non-profit or not-for-profit entity that is not advancing a commercial product or service.
- The site does not have third-party advertising or has limited advertising that is clearly labeled and does not influence the content of the site.
- The site is well organized, easy to navigate, and has information that is easy to read and understand for the intended audience.
- The site is designed to reach a national audience and is not providing only information specific to a city or state.
- The site is accessible for people with disabilities as required for information and communication technology (ICT) covered by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act and Section 255 of the Communications Act. To learn more about the regulations governing the accessibility of federal electronic information products, visit Section508.gov.
NINDS reserves the right to remove links to external websites that no longer meet the institute’s content needs or criteria above.
Linking to the NINDS website
NINDS encourages individuals and organizations to link to this website. You can cite the source as follows: The website of the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (https://www.ninds.nih.gov).