NIH How to Apply - Application Guide
For detailed instructions on how to submit an NIH application, please visit the NIH How to Apply Application Guide.
NIH may return the application if it doesn't meet all formatting requirements
- Be sure to follow the rules for font, page limits, and more.
- Do not include information from one section in another section to evade page limits.
- If responding to an institute-specific program announcement (PA) (not a parent program announcement) or a request for applications (RFA), check the NIH Guide notice, which has additional information. Should it differ from the Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA), defer to the NIH Guide.
- The application must meet the initiative's objectives and special requirements. NINDS program staff will check the application, and if it is not responsive to the announcement, the application will be withdrawn and returned without a review.
- For detailed instructions please see the NIH's SF 424 (R&R) Application and Electronic Submission Information for the generic SF 424 Application Guide or in the FOA.
Want to contact NINDS staff?Please visit our Find Your NINDS Program Officer page to learn more about contacting Program Officers, Grants Management Specialists, Scientific Review Officers, and Health Program Specialists.