The goal of the R35 (R35; RPA; RFA-NS-22-038) is to help investigators make meaningful contributions to neuroscience by providing greater funding stability, flexibility, and support for your overall research project. What is the R35? The R35 RPA is a funding mechanism that supports your research efforts by:
- Providing stable funding of up to $750,000 per year (direct cost funding) for up to eight years;
- Allowing you to focus on your work rather than spending valuable time continuously applying for funding;
- Allowing you to conduct long-term, rewarding research that is not tied to specific aims; and
- Providing flexibility to pivot as needed to emerging and timely topics.
If you have any questions about the NINDS Research Program Award (RPA) or about whether you are a good candidate for the award:
- Visit the FAQs
- View the short video on eligibility
- Contact your Program Director for more information.
- View the NINDS R35 Webinar (pdf, 1225 KB)(slides)