Virtual | Zoom Meeting
2:30 - 4:00pm EDT
NINDS staff who are HBCU alums will share their personal journeys and roles at various divisions and offices across NINDS. You will learn about extramural diversity training programs, the NINDS review process, and how NIH grants management works with your sponsored grants office. In addition to opportunities outside of NIH, you will also hear about the research experiences that can happen on the NIH campus. All career levels, especially undergraduate and graduate students, postdocs, early career faculty, and sponsored grant offices are strongly encouraged to attend.
Our panelists include:
- Richard Benson, MD, PhD: Fisk University and Meharry Medical College Alum, Director of the Office of Global Health and Health Disparities
- Sadhana Jackson, MD: Hampton University Alum, NINDS Research Investigator
- David Jett, PhD: Hampton University Alum, Program Director in the Division of Translational Research
- Lataisia Jones, PhD: Virginia State University Alum, Scientific Review Officer in the Division of Extramural Activities
- Marguerite Matthews, PhD: Spelman College Alum, Program Director in the Office of Programs to Enhance Neuroscience Workfoce Diversity
- Shardell Spriggs, PhD: Maryland Eastern Shore Alum, Program Director in the Division of Translational Research
- James Washington, PhD: Jackson State University Alum, Team Leader in the Grants Management Branch
The NINDS Office of Programs to Enhance Neuroscience Workforce Diversity (OPEN) is pleased to welcome you to the ongoing OPEN Stage webinar series, a targeted outreach effort for our diverse neuroscience community to learn about NINDS programs and network with NINDS program staff. Each webinar will feature a different NINDS program, division, or cluster with the goal of increasing the representation of diverse groups in our portfolio. To stay informed of more events in this series, join the NINDS Diversity News to Use Listserv.
The 2022 webinars in this series include:
- [Feb 2022] NIH & NINDS Opportunities for Entrepreneurship Webinar
- [March 2022] Funding in Fundamental Neuroscience: Questions (and Answers) on Obtaining An NINDS Award
- [April 2022] NINDS Innovation Grants to Nurture Initial Translational Efforts (IGNITE Program) Funding Opportunity Webinar and Q&A
- [June 2022] HBCU Alumni Pathways to NIH - Personal Journeys & Opportunities
- [July 2022] Drug Discovery & Development at NINDS - Funding and Training Opportunities Featuring First-hand Experiences from Awardees
- [Sept 2022] NINDS Supports Neural Engineering Research
- [Sept 2022] Clinician Scientist Clinic – Overview of NINDS Funding Opportunities and Q&A
- [Dec 2022] NINDS Scientific and Clinical Biological Resources
Check out the OPEN Stage webinars YouTube playlist for recordings from the entire series.
Webinar Slides (pdf, 3777 KB)