Virtual | Zoom Meeting
3:30 - 4:30pm ET
In this webinar, you will hear about Engineering-related programs and funding opportunities at NINDS. You will also hear first-hand experiences from NINDS awardees who are engaged in Neural Engineering research. Graduate students, postdocs and early career faculty are strongly encouraged to attend.
NINDS Staff and Awardees speaking at this webinar include:
- Dr. Sahana Kukke, Program Director, NINDS Repair & Plasticity Cluster
- Dr. Eric Hudak, Program Officer, NINDS Division of Translational Research
- Dr. Ana Hernandez-Reynoso, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Texas at Dallas
- Dr. Kate Wofford, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Pennsylvania
- Dr. Lakiesha Williams, Associate Professor, University of Florida
- Dr. Emery Brown, Edward Hood Taplin Professor of Medical Engineering, MIT
The NINDS Office of Programs to Enhance Neuroscience Workforce Diversity (OPEN) is pleased to welcome you to the ongoing OPEN Stage webinar series, a targeted outreach effort for our diverse neuroscience community to learn about NINDS programs and network with NINDS program staff. Each webinar will feature a different NINDS program, division, or cluster with the goal of increasing the representation of diverse groups in our portfolio. To stay informed of more events in this series, join the NINDS Diversity News to Use Listserv.
The 2022 webinars in this series include:
- [Feb 2022] NIH & NINDS Opportunities for Entrepreneurship Webinar
- [March 2022] Funding in Fundamental Neuroscience: Questions (and Answers) on Obtaining An NINDS Award
- [April 2022] NINDS Innovation Grants to Nurture Initial Translational Efforts (IGNITE Program) Funding Opportunity Webinar and Q&A
- [June 2022] HBCU Alumni Pathways to NIH - Personal Journeys & Opportunities
- [July 2022] Drug Discovery & Development at NINDS - Funding and Training Opportunities Featuring First-hand Experiences from Awardees
- [Sept 2022] NINDS Supports Neural Engineering Research
- [Sept 2022] Clinician Scientist Clinic – Overview of NINDS Funding Opportunities and Q&A
- [Dec 2022] NINDS Scientific and Clinical Biological Resources
Check out the OPEN Stage webinars YouTube playlist for recordings from the entire series.
Webinar slides(pdf, 5230 KB)