Virtual | Zoom Meeting
1:00 - 2:30pm EDT
NINDS clinician-scientist awards provide training, mentoring, and career development to enable clinicians to enhance their research skills and develop into independent investigators. In this webinar, NINDS program staff will provide an overview of pathways for NINDS funding opportunities for clinician scientists and a panel of NINDS-funded investigators will also discuss programs to support clinician scientists throughout their careers.
Students pursuing clinical doctorates or joint clinical and research doctorates, as well as licensed clinical professionals and faculty are strongly encouraged to attend.
Speakers for this webinar include:
- Stephen Korn, PhD: Director of the NINDS Office of Training & Workforce Development
- Langston Holly, MD: Professor and Co-Vice Chair of Clinical Affairs for the Department of Neurosurgery at UCLA
- José G. Merino, MD: Professor of Neurology at Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Bradley L. Schlaggar, MD, PhD: Professor of Neurology and Pediatrics at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
The NINDS Office of Programs to Enhance Neuroscience Workforce Diversity (OPEN) is pleased to welcome you to the ongoing OPEN Stage webinar series, a targeted outreach effort for our diverse neuroscience community to learn about NINDS programs and network with NINDS program staff. Each webinar will feature a different NINDS program, division, or cluster with the goal of increasing the representation of diverse groups in our portfolio. To stay informed of more events in this series, join the NINDS Diversity News to Use Listserv.
Other webinars in this series include:
- [Feb 2022] NIH & NINDS Opportunities for Entrepreneurship Webinar
- [March 2022] Funding in Fundamental Neuroscience: Questions (and Answers) on Obtaining An NINDS Award
- [April 2022] NINDS Innovation Grants to Nurture Initial Translational Efforts (IGNITE Program) Funding Opportunity Webinar and Q&A
- [June 2022] HBCU Alumni Pathways to NIH - Personal Journeys & Opportunities
- [July 2022] Drug Discovery & Development at NINDS - Funding and Training Opportunities Featuring First-hand Experiences from Awardees
- [Sept 2022] NINDS Supports Neural Engineering Research