Virtual | Zoom Meeting
1:30 - 3:00pm EST
Obtaining an NINDS grant can be a great asset for a research program but navigating the application process can be daunting. In our second webinar of the ongoing OPEN Stage webinar series, we will focus on how to apply with an emphasis on the advantages of studying fundamental neuroscience. Fundamental neuroscience is the study of the normal development, structure, and function of the nervous system and its study is a critical component of the NINDS mission. Investigator-initiated funding opportunities exist for applicants of all career stages, at both small and large research institutions. Program officers will also answer questions on funding opportunities and policies.
NINDS panelists for this webinar include:
- Janet He, PhD : Program Director in Systems & Cognitive Neuroscience Cluster
- Crystal Lee, PhD : Health Program Specialist in Neurogenetics Cluster
- Bob Riddle, PhD : Program Director in Neurogenetics Cluster
- George Umanah, PhD : Program Director in Channels, Synapses, and Circuits Cluster
The NINDS Office of Programs to Enhance Neuroscience Workforce Diversity (OPEN) is pleased to welcome you to the ongoing OPEN Stage webinar series, a targeted outreach effort for our diverse neuroscience community to learn about NINDS programs and network with NINDS program staff. Each webinar will feature a different NINDS program, division, or cluster with the goal of increasing the representation of diverse groups in our portfolio. To stay informed of more events in this series, join the NINDS Diversity News to Use Listserv.
The 2022 webinars in this series include:
- [Feb 2022] NIH & NINDS Opportunities for Entrepreneurship Webinar
- [March 2022] Funding in Fundamental Neuroscience: Questions (and Answers) on Obtaining An NINDS Award
- [April 2022] NINDS Innovation Grants to Nurture Initial Translational Efforts (IGNITE Program) Funding Opportunity Webinar and Q&A
- [June 2022] HBCU Alumni Pathways to NIH - Personal Journeys & Opportunities
- [July 2022] Drug Discovery & Development at NINDS - Funding and Training Opportunities Featuring First-hand Experiences from Awardees
- [Sept 2022] NINDS Supports Neural Engineering Research
- [Sept 2022] Clinician Scientist Clinic – Overview of NINDS Funding Opportunities and Q&A
- [Dec 2022] NINDS Scientific and Clinical Biological Resources
Check out the OPEN Stage webinars YouTube playlist for recordings from the entire series.
Event Presentation(pdf, 1165 KB)