Contact: Anahid Ebrahimi
Contact Email: NINDSOPENStage@ninds.nih.gov
Virtual | Zoom Meeting
1:00 - 2:00pm ET
This webinar will provide an overview of NINDS supported repositories for banking and requesting clinical cell lines, biospecimens, and brain bank tissue for basic disease, translational, and clinical research. After the repository overviews by NIH Staff, there will be a Q&A panel discussion with the audience.
Panelists for this webinar include:
- Christine Swanson-Fischer, PhD: NINDS Program Officer, NINDS Human Biosample Repository (BioSEND) and NINDS Human Cell and Data Repository (contact)
- Ran Zhang, PhD: NINDS Scientific Project Manager, NINDS Human Genetics Resource Center (contact)
- Abigail Soyombo, PhD: NIMH Program Director, NIH NeuroBioBank (contact)
- Daniel Miller, PhD: NINDS Program Director, NIH NeuroBioBank (contact)
- Jane Hettinger, PhD: NINDS Health Program Specialist for the Neurodegeneration Cluster
- Tish Hevel: CEO/Founder, Brain Donor Project
The NINDS Office of Programs to Enhance Neuroscience Workforce Diversity (OPEN) is pleased to welcome you to the ongoing OPEN Stage webinar series, a targeted outreach effort for our diverse neuroscience community to learn about NINDS programs and network with NINDS program staff. Each webinar will feature a different NINDS program, division, or cluster with the goal of increasing the representation of diverse groups in our portfolio. To stay informed of more events in this series, join the NINDS Diversity News to Use Listserv.
The 2022 webinars in this series include:
- [Feb 2022] NIH & NINDS Opportunities for Entrepreneurship Webinar
- [March 2022] Funding in Fundamental Neuroscience: Questions (and Answers) on Obtaining An NINDS Award
- [April 2022] NINDS Innovation Grants to Nurture Initial Translational Efforts (IGNITE Program) Funding Opportunity Webinar and Q&A
- [June 2022] HBCU Alumni Pathways to NIH - Personal Journeys & Opportunities
- [July 2022] Drug Discovery & Development at NINDS - Funding and Training Opportunities Featuring First-hand Experiences from Awardees
- [Sept 2022] NINDS Supports Neural Engineering Research
- [Sept 2022] Clinician Scientist Clinic – Overview of NINDS Funding Opportunities and Q&A
Check out the OPEN Stage webinars YouTube playlist for webinar recordings from the entire series.
Webinar Slides(pdf, 8931 KB)