Virtual | Zoom Meeting
12:30 - 2:00pm EDT
Learn more about the drug discovery process along with training and funding opportunities - specifically, the Training in Neurotherapeutics Discovery and Development Course, as well as the Blueprint Neurotherapeutics Network for Small Molecules and the HEAL Pain Therapeutics Development Program funding opportunities – all in the Division of Translational Research at NINDS that supports the discovery and development of therapeutics to treat nervous system disorders and pain. Hear about first-hand experiences from our panel of awardees. The target audience is anyone interested in learning more about the drug discovery process and funding opportunities that support drug discovery and development activities.
NINDS panelists for this webinar include:
- Charles Cywin, PhD: Program Director in the Division of Translational Research
- Mary Ann Pelleymounter, PhD: Program Director in the Division of Translational Research
Panelist of Awardees:
- Courtney Miller, PhD: Assistant Professor, Department of Metabolism & Aging, The Scripps Research Institute
- Jerri Rook, PhD: Assistant Professor of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt Center for Neuroscience Drug Discovery, Vanderbilt University
- Takashi Tsukamoto, PhD: Associate Professor of Neurology, Brain Science Institute, Johns Hopkins University
The NINDS Office of Programs to Enhance Neuroscience Workforce Diversity (OPEN) is pleased to welcome you to the ongoing OPEN Stage webinar series, a targeted outreach effort for our diverse neuroscience community to learn about NINDS programs and network with NINDS program staff. Each webinar will feature a different NINDS program, division, or cluster with the goal of increasing the representation of diverse groups in our portfolio. To stay informed of more events in this series, join the NINDS Diversity News to Use Listserv.
The 2022 webinars in this series include:
- [Feb 2022] NIH & NINDS Opportunities for Entrepreneurship Webinar
- [March 2022] Funding in Fundamental Neuroscience: Questions (and Answers) on Obtaining An NINDS Award
- [April 2022] NINDS Innovation Grants to Nurture Initial Translational Efforts (IGNITE Program) Funding Opportunity Webinar and Q&A
- [June 2022] HBCU Alumni Pathways to NIH - Personal Journeys & Opportunities
- [July 2022] Drug Discovery & Development at NINDS - Funding and Training Opportunities Featuring First-hand Experiences from Awardees
- [Sept 2022] NINDS Supports Neural Engineering Research
- [Sept 2022] Clinician Scientist Clinic – Overview of NINDS Funding Opportunities and Q&A
- [Dec 2022] NINDS Scientific and Clinical Biological Resources
Check out the OPEN Stage webinars YouTube playlist for recordings from the entire series.
Webinar slides(pdf, 8442 KB)