Join us for the 2022 NINDS Nonprofit Forum taking place July 19-20, 2022.
The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) invites members of nonprofit organizations to an annual Nonprofit Forum. The Progress through Partnership Forum provides an opportunity for nonprofit leaders to network with colleagues and to engage in discussions with NINDS staff.
Do you have any suggestions for the next Nonprofit Forum? Email us your ideas! We would aim to feature topics that interest you, our stakeholders!
The 2021 virtual forum included keynote speaker Susan Schneider-Williams and panel discussions on clinical solutions following COVID-19, patient engagement’s role in co-producing success, nonprofit tools and resources, and the importance of early diagnoses.
The following presentations and discussions are available for viewing:
- NINDS Director’s Welcome
- Keynote Address: Susan Schneider-Williams
- Clinical Solutions Following COVID: New Opportunities in New Times
- Patient Engagement: Co-Producing Clinical Success
- Nonprofit Tools and Resources of Note
- Success Stories: Importance of Early Diagnoses
Representatives from nonprofit groups related to neurology were welcomed to this public meeting. NINDS requested that participating groups meet the following criteria:
- Obtain 501(c)(3) status from the Internal Revenue Service
- Have a scientific advisory board
- Offer information they have produced or a valuable service
- Respond to inquiries received by phone and/or mail
- Public materials offered are provided free of charge (except for minimal cost recovery fees)
We are happy to work with groups of all sizes and at every stage of development. Please contact Jessica Corley if you have any questions.
|July 16, 2020||Webinar: The Power of Storytelling|
|June 29 - 30, 2020||Videocast|
|May 21 - 22, 2019||Neuroscience Center, 6001 Executive Blvd., Bethesda, MD|
|September 5-6, 2017||Porter Neuroscience Building, NIH Main Campus Bethesda, MD|
|September 13-14, 2016||Porter Neuroscience Building, NIH Main Campus Bethesda, MD|
Resources and Tools
News & Events
A resource to provide patient groups with tools to advance medical research
Rare Diseases Registry Program
NINDS list of patient organizations
A videocast of NINDS Nonprofit Forum 2019, including an orientation session for new attendees (first session).
NIH central resource for grants and funding information
Webinar on the importance of narrative in the nonprofit and research space held on July 16, 2020.