The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) invites members of nonprofit organizations to an annual Nonprofit Forum. The Progress through Partnership Forum provides an opportunity for nonprofit leaders to network with colleagues and to engage in discussions with NINDS staff.
Do you have any suggestions for the next Nonprofit Forum? Email us your ideas! We would aim to feature topics that interest you, our stakeholders!
The 2022 virtual meeting was structured around the overarching theme of “How to Work With…” from industry, to research partners, to NIH – including how to find innovative methods to fund research. We would like to thank the 2022 Forum Executive Committee(pdf, 221 KB) for their work in identifying the goals, topics, and speakers for this year’s event!
The two-day agenda included sessions covering:
- Patient Advocacy in Commercialization - How to Work with Industry
- Supporting Science as a Small Business - How to Find Innovative Methods to Fund Research
- Leveraging Progress Across the Scientific Pipeline - How to Work with Academic Researchers
- Engaging Trainees and Early Stage Scientists - Lightening Talks
- Nonprofit Success Stories
- Reaching Your Entire Community - How to Work Together to Achieve Equity and Inclusivity
- Nonprofit to Nonprofit Best Practices
Representatives and members from nonprofit groups related to neurology are welcomed to this public meeting. NINDS requests that participating organizations meet the following criteria:
- Obtain 501(c)(3) status from the Internal Revenue Service
- Have a scientific advisory board
- Offer information they have produced or a valuable service
- Respond to inquiries received by phone and/or mail
- Public materials offered are provided free of charge (except for minimal cost recovery fees)
We are happy to work with groups of all sizes and at every stage of development. Please contact Andrea Varea if you have any questions.
|July 19 - 20, 2022||2022 NINDS Nonprofit Forum|
|July 7 - 8, 2021||2021 NINDS Nonprofit Forum|
|July 16, 2020||Webinar: The Power of Storytelling|
|June 29 - 30, 2020||Videocast|
|May 21 - 22, 2019||Neuroscience Center, 6001 Executive Blvd., Bethesda, MD|
|September 5-6, 2017||Porter Neuroscience Building, NIH Main Campus Bethesda, MD|
|September 13-14, 2016||Porter Neuroscience Building, NIH Main Campus Bethesda, MD|
Resources and Tools
News & Events
A resource to provide patient groups with tools to advance medical research
Rare Diseases Registry Program
NINDS list of patient organizations
A videocast of NINDS Nonprofit Forum 2019, including an orientation session for new attendees (first session).
NIH central resource for grants and funding information
Webinar on the importance of narrative in the nonprofit and research space held on July 16, 2020.