Virtual | Zoom Meeting
12:30 - 1:30pm ET
This webinar will introduce how biomarkers are used in therapeutic development and clinical practice, discuss the importance of “fit for purpose” validation studies, and provide a brief overview of NINDS funding landscape for biomarker discovery and validation research. We will be joined by two guest panelists, Dr. Fred Korley, who will discuss his research experiences validating biomarkers for traumatic brain injury, and the need for biomarkers in clinical trials, and Dr. Diaz-Ortiz, who will talk about her experience in biomarker discovery work for Parkinson’s Disease and how they’re moving from discovery to translation. After the panel discussion there will be a Q&A with the audience.
Speakers for this webinar include:
- Carol Taylor-Burds, PhD: Program Officer, Division of Translational Research
- Christine Swanson-Fischer, PhD: Program Officer, Division of Neuroscience
- Tjerignimin Adissa Silue, PhD: Health Program Specialist, Division of Translational Research
- Fred Korley, MD, PhD: Associate Professor, Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan
- Maria Diaz-Ortiz, PhD: MD/PhD student, University of Pennsylvania
The NINDS Office of Programs to Enhance Neuroscience Workforce Diversity (OPEN) is pleased to welcome you to the ongoing OPEN Stage webinar series, a targeted outreach effort for our diverse neuroscience community to learn about NINDS programs and network with NINDS program staff. Each webinar will feature a different NINDS program, division, or cluster with the goal of increasing the representation of diverse groups in our portfolio. To stay informed of more events in this series, join the NINDS Diversity News to Use Listserv.
Check out the OPEN Stage webinars YouTube playlist for recordings from the entire series.
Webinar slides (pdf, 1152 KB)