- The NINDS Human Biomarkers Biospecimen and Data Repository (U24) RFA-NS-15-010. The NINDS is soliciting applications for a Human Biospecimen and Data Repository for Biomarkers Research ("Biomarkers Repository")
in Neurological Disorders. Collaborative teams combining expertise in neuroscience, biomarkers, biospecimen handling, and
data management are encouraged to apply. Experience in biomarker research, such as evaluation of batch effects, protocol development,
and analyte quality control measures, is expected. Successful applications will include a detailed description of 1) Administrative
Structure, 2) Research and Resource Plan, and 3) Data Management and Web-Based activities. Letter of intent due date: May
9, 2015. Application receipt date: June 9, 2015. Contact: Katrina Gwinn, M.D.
- The NINDS Human Cell and Data Repository (U24) RFA-NS-15-009. The purpose of this FOA is to support the expansion of the NINDS Human Cell and Data Repository. The repository will maintain
the current collection of fibroblast and induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) lines as well as develop, characterize, expand
and where appropriate genetically modify new high-quality iPSC, fibroblast cell lines and peripheral blood monocyte cells
in accordance with the NINDS mission. The NINDS Human Cell and Data Repository will distribute human cell resources broadly
to qualified academic and industry researchers. Letter of intent due date: May 9, 2015. Application receipt date: June 9,
2015. Contact: Marg Sutherland, Ph.D.
- Request to Access Parkinson's Disease Related-Biospecimens (X01) PAR-14-340. Applications to this X01 have a rolling submission. Submissions between March 16 - May 15, 2015 have a review date between
May 25 - June 5, 2015. Submissions between May 16 - July 15, 2015 have a review date between July 25 - August 5, 2015. Submissions
between July 16 - September 15, 2015 have a review date between September 25 - October 5, 2015. Submissions between September
16 - November 15, 2015 have a review date between November 25 - December 5. Contact: Katrina Gwinn, M.D., Marg Sutherland, Ph.D.
- Parkinson's Disease Biomarker Program (PDBP) Discovery Projects (U01) PAR-NS-14-259. The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) is to support up to three years of study for the discovery, assay
optimization, and replication stages required for the development of biological biomarkers for Parkinson's disease (PD). Application
receipt date(s): May 4, 2015, September 4, 2015, February 4, 2016, May 4, 2016, by 5:00 PM local time of applicant organization.
Contact: Katrina Gwinn, M.D., Marg Sutherland, Ph.D.
- NINDS Translational Research Opportunities: