Parkinson's Disease Research Web - Information for Patients & Caregivers
Parkinson's Disease Highlights for Patients & Caregivers
- New Insight into Parkinson’s Disease: in his NIH Director’s Blog, Dr. Francis Collins highlights NIH-funded research on how a clog in the protein disposal system
may contribute to Parkinson’s Disease.
- NINDS PDBP on NINDS YouTube Channel: NINDS Deputy Director Dr. Walter Koroshetz and PDBP investigators Drs. Bowman, Chen-Plotkin, Dewey, Scherzer and Zhang discuss
the goals and potential of the program, as well as how the community can become involved.
- BioFIND Clinical Study: a collaborative MJFF-NINDS observational clinical study to discover and verify biomarkers of PD.
- NINDS Parkinson’s Disease Biomarkers Program (PDBP): to overcome current roadblocks to better clinical trial design through improved assessment of PD progression across the
disease spectrum, the NINDS PDBP will focus on building resources and supporting research that promotes the discovery of diagnostic
and progression biomarkers for PD.
- National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) The mission of the NCATS, a new Center at NIH, is to catalyze the generation of innovative methods and technologies that
will enhance the development, testing, and implementation of diagnostics and therapeutics across a wide range of human diseases
- NIH information on stem cell research.
Last updated March 21, 2013