Proceedings of a National Symposium on Rapid Identification and Treatment of Acute Stroke
December 12-13, 1996
Table of Contents
Zach W. Hall, Ph.D.
Director, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
John R. Marler, M.D.
Prehospital Emergency Medical Care Systems Panel
- Overview: The Initial Links in the Chain of Recovery for
Brain Attack: Access, Prehospital Care, Notification, and Transport
Paul E. Pepe, M.D., M.P.H., F.A.C.E.P., F.C.C.M., F.A.C.P.
- Dispatch Life Support and the Acute Stroke Patient:
Making the Right Call
Brian S. Zachariah, M.D., F.A.C.E.P., James Dunford, M.D., and Carl C. Van Cott
- Prehospital Identification and Treatment
Michael R. Sayre, M.D., Robert A. Swor, D.O., and Linda K. Honeycutt, EMT-P
- Special Considerations in Access to Care and Transport
Douglas J. Floccare, M.D., M.P.H., F.A.C.E.P.,
Robert R. Bass, M.D., Daniel Hankins, M.D., F.A.C.E.P., and Thomas M. Stein, M.D.
Emergency Department Panel
Acute Hospital Care Panel
Health Care Systems Panel
Public Education Panel
- Overview: The Importance of Patient and Public Education in Acute Ischemic Stroke
Judith A. Spilker, R.N., B.S.N.
- Lessons from Current and Previous Public Education Campaigns
Harold W. (Pete) Todd
- Lessons for Success in Public Education Campaigns
Edward W. Maibach, Ph.D., M.P.H.
- Seeking Health Care Following Stroke: Public Education
Carol A. Barch, M.N., C.R.N.P., C.N.R.N.
- How Do We Get From Here to There? The Message, the Audience,and the Medium
Norman A. Levy, M.S.
Final Keynote Address
- Steering Committee Members
- Task Force Members
Last Edited: July 01, 1999
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
National Institutes of Health
Bethesda, MD 20892
"Proceedings of a National Symposium on Rapid Identification and Treatment of Acute Stroke", NINDS.
NIH Publication No.97-4239
Last updated December 24, 2013