Small Business Funding Opportunities
The NINDS accepts a broad range of small business applications that are significant, innovative, and relevant to its mission.
Small businesses are invited to apply for NINDS funding through the Omnibus Solicitations (PA 14-071 for SBIR; PA 14-072 for STTR) and the majority of our applications come through this general announcement. In addition, program staff will also
solicit applications in specific program areas. Some specific program announcements include:
- NOT-NS-11-018: NINDS Policy for the Requirement of Authorization from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to use an Investigational
Drug, Biologic Product or Device in a Clinical Trial Prior to Submission of an Application
- NOT-GM-12-108: Request for Information (RFI): Priorities for Outsourcing of Laboratory Procedures
- NOT-OD-12-146: SBIR/STTR Niche Assessment Program for Phase I Awardees
- NOT-OD-13-003: Commercialization Assistance Program for SBIR/STTR Phase II Awardees
- NOT-OD-13-071: HHS Reissues PHS 2013-02 SBIR and STTR Omnibus Grant Solicitations Implementing Venture Capital Provision and SBA Company Registry Requirement of
the SBIR/STTR Reauthorization Act of 2011
- NOT-OD-13-116: New Program Certifications Required for SBIR and STTR Awards
- NOT-OD014-048: NIH Implements Option for Applicants to Switch between the SBIR/STTR programs and the SBIR Direct to Phase II pilot of the
SBIR/STTR Reauthorization Act of 2011
More details about these opportunities can be found in the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts.
Last updated February 10, 2014