The NINDS accepts a broad range of small business applications that are significant, innovative, and relevant to its mission. Small businesses are invited to apply for NINDS funding through the Omnibus Solicitations (PA-15-269 for SBIR; PA-15-270 for STTR) and the majority of our applications come through this general announcement. In addition, program staff will also solicit applications in specific program areas. Some specific program announcements include:
- PA-16-019: Innovation Corps (I-Corps™) at NIH Program for NIH and CDC Phase I Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Grantees (Admin Supp)
- PAR-16-026: SBIR/STTR Commercialization Readiness Pilot (CRP) Program: Technical Assistance (SB1)
- PAR-16-027: SBIR/STTR Commercialization Readiness Pilot (CRP) Program: Technical Assistance and Late Stage Development (SB1)
- PA-15-322/PA-15-321: Research Supplements to Promote Diversity in Health-Related Research (Admin Supp)
- PAR-15-277/PAR-15-278: NINDS Exploratory Clinical Trials for Small Businesss (R44/R42)
- PAR-15-194: NeuroNEXT Small Business Innovation in Clinical Trials Direct to Phase II (U44)
- PAR-15-121: BRAIN Initiative: Optimization of Novel Tools and Technologies for Neuroscience Research (SBIR) (Direct to Phase II R44)
- PAR-15-091: BRAIN Initiative: Development, Optimization, and Validation of Novel Tools and Technologies for Neuroscience Research (R43/R44)
- PAR-15-090: BRAIN Initiative: Development, Optimization, and Validation of Novel Tools and Technologies for Neuroscience Research (R41/R42)
- PAR-14-292: Blueprint Neurotherapeutics Network (BPN): Small Molecule Drug Discovery and Development for Disorders of the Nervous System (U44)
- PAR-14-296: NINDS CREATE Devices: Translational and Clinical Studies on the Path to 510(k) (U44)
- PAR-14-299: NINDS CREATE Devices: Translational and Early Feasibility Studies on the Path to Pre-Market Approval (PMA) or Humanitarian Device Exemption (HDE) (U44)
- PAR-14-300: NINDS CREATE Devices: Translational and Clinical Studies to Inform Final Device Design (U44)
- PAR-14-289: NINDS CREATE Bio Development Track: Preclinical and Early-phase Clinical Development for Biotechnology Products and Biologics (U44)
- PAR-14-287: NINDS CREATE Bio Discovery Track: Optimization in Preparation for Development of Biotechnology Products and Biologics (U44)
- PAR-14-265: NINDS Direct Phase II SBIR Grants to Support Exploratory Clinical Trials (R44)
- PAR-14-209: NINDS Renewal Awards of SBIR Phase II Grants (Phase IIB) for Pre-Clinical Research (R44)
- PAR-14-208: NINDS Renewal Awards of SBIR Phase II Grants (Phase IIB) for Exploratory Clinical Trials and Clinical Research (R44)
- PAR-14-252: StrokeNet Small Business Innovation Clinical Trials and Biomarker Studies for Stroke Treatment, Recovery, and Prevention (U44)
- PA-14-154/PA-14-157: Early Stage Development of Technologies in Biomedical Computing, Informatics, and Big Data Science (SBIR/STTR)
- PAR-14-088: Direct Phase II SBIR Grants to Support Biomedical Technology Development (SBIR)
- PAR-13-090/PAR-13-191: Safe and Effective Instruments and Devices for Use in Neonatal and Pediatric Care Settings (SBIR/STTR)
- NOT-OD-15-103: Enhancing Reproducibility through Rigor and Transparency
- NOT-OD-15-102: Consideration of Sex as a Biological Variable in NIH-funded Research
- NOT-OD-15-089: Racial and Ethnic Categories and Definitions for NIH Diversity Programs and for Other Reporting Purposes
- NOT-OD-15-088: Notice of Potential Delays to NIH Issuing Awards in May 2015
- NOT-OD-15-038: HHS Changes Standard Due Dates for SBIR/STTR Grant Applications
- NOT-OD-15-037: Notice To Extend PA-14-072 "PHS 2014-02 Omnibus Solicitation of the NIH for Small Business Technology Transfer Grant Applications (Parent STTR [R41/R42])"
- NOT-OD-15-036: Notice To Extend PA-14-071 "PHS 2014-02 Omnibus Solicitation of the NIH, CDC, FDA and ACF for Small Business Innovation Research Grant Applications (Parent SBIR [R43/R44])"
- NOT-OD-15-003: NIH Offers Niche Assessment Program to SBIR and STTR Phase I Awardees
- NOT-OD-14-074: NIH Policy on Resubmission Applications
- NOT-OD-14-048: NIH Implements Option for Applicants to Switch between the SBIR/STTR programs and the SBIR Direct to Phase II pilot of the SBIR/STTR Reauthorization Act of 2011
- NOT-OD-13-071: HHS Reissues PHS 2013-02 SBIR and STTR Omnibus Grant Solicitations Implementing Venture Capital Provision and SBA Company Registry Requirement of the SBIR/STTR Reauthorization Act of 2011
- NOT-OD-13-003: Commercialization Assistance Program for SBIR/STTR Phase II Awardees
- NOT-NS-15-049: Notice of Correction of Review Locus for PAR-15-278 "NINDS Exploratory Clinical Trials for Small Business (R42)"
- NOT-NS-15-050: Notice of Correction of Review Locus for PAR-15-277 "NINDS Exploratory Clinical Trials for Small Business (R44)"
- NOT-NS-11-018: NINDS Policy for the Requirement of Authorization from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to use an Investigational Drug, Biologic Product or Device in a Clinical Trial Prior to Submission of an Application
Requests for Applications
More details about these opportunities can be found in the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts.