The NINDS Office of Science Policy and Planning (OSPP) supports Institute legislative, planning, evaluation, analysis, and reporting activities.
OSPP works closely with staff throughout the Institute on responsibilities that include:
- Responding to Congressional inquiries about NINDS-funded programs and preparing materials for hearings, Congressional visits, and narrative materials for the annual budget process.
- Leading Institute-wide planning efforts and helping to coordinate disease-specific strategic planning activities.
- Analyzing and evaluating the outcomes of NINDS research programs and policies.
- Synthesizing information on NINDS research and programs for Institute and NIH leadership, Congress, the Administration, and the public.
- Compiling information and drafting documents to meet reporting requirements set by Congress and the Administration.
- Representing NINDS on several NIH and Interagency committees and working groups, and providing support to committee leadership.
- Providing scientific and policy support to the NINDS leadership.
Congressional Justifications and Significant Items
- Appropriations Testimony
- Testimony on other topics
- Neuroscience Research, Dr. Walter Koroshetz, September 29, 2010, House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- "Response of DHHS to the Nation's Emergency Room Crisis.", Dr. Walter Koroshetz, June 22, 2007, House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- Can Congress Help Fulfill the Promise of Stem Cell research?, January 19, 2007, Dr. Story Landis, joint hearing of the Senate HELP Committee and the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on L-HHS
- NIH Office of Legislative Policy and Analysis (OLPA)
- NIH Office of Budget
- THOMAS - legislative information from the Library of Congress
- Senate Labor, Health, and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Sub-Committee
- House Labor, Health, and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Sub-Committee
- Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) Committee
- House Energy and Commerce Committee
|NINDS Legislative Chronology
, PhD – Director
Sophia Jeon, PhD, Kelly Government Solutions
Katie Pahigiannis, PhD
Heather Rieff, PhD
Christine Torborg, PhD
Robert Zalutsky, PhD
Ling Wong, PhD, AAAS Fellow
Lauren Love, Office Coordinator, Preferred Solutions Group
Location: 31 Center Drive, 8A03, Bethesda, MD 20892
Phone: (301) 496-9271
Fax: (301) 480-9172